Tuesday 12 August 2014

Introducing...ME!

 
Hi There!
So, I'm Grace and I love, love, LOVE all things mermaid! Which perhaps sparked from the fact that I also love all things Disney? It wouldn't surprise me if it all stemmed from watching The Little Mermaid as a child - Ariel being my favourite Disney Princess!

That could be considered controversial for me to say - since I am a 'Disney' face character for (nearly) ALL Princesses here in England! Currently? I am playing Elsa much more than anything else!
(If you are interested in my adventures as Elsa follow @TheRealElsaUK on twitter)

I am 22 (Nearly 23 aaghhgrheghgfhj!!!) and I live in Berkshire. I -very- recently started my own business called The Princess Portal (shameless plug) - we make personalised video messages from your favourite princesses - and it wasn't long before I realised...
I WANT TO BE A MERMAID!
 
Ok, so technically I have wanted to be a mermaid since I knew such things existed, walking on two legs is SO old fashioned...But it was only recently that I realised me dream might just become a reality!

In America they have a crazy mermaid culture thing going on - mermaids everywhere! So it's time to let the English have a little fun!

I plan on becoming a professional mermaid for hire by next year and this is a blog to document everything that it is going to take for that to become a reality. Such as:

Training:
Learning to swim with a monofin - Getting totally fit - Holding my breath underwater for 4 minutes
(That last one will be especially hard since I have asthma...may even be impossible :/ )

Tail:
I want utter realism, so silicone is a must - But to make or buy is the question?
(Starting at about £1600 - making seems obvious, but they still cost at least £500 to make - so that's a lot of money wasted if it goes wrong!)

Marketing:
How exactly do you get work for this sort of thing!?

It's certainly going to be interesting! Feel free to tag along ;)
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment