Wednesday 13 August 2014

How did my first monofin swimming sesh go you ask?
Well, it didn't...


As stated in my previous post - I called one of my local swimming pools this morning to check that they allow monofins in the pool, and the woman on reception
said that they did. So I head off on my merry way, super duper
excited. I get to the pool, pop on my cozzy, walk to the deep end
of the pool clutching my monofin (whilst receiving some very
confused looks), sit on the edge, attach my monofin to my feet
with ease (super chuffed about that since I forgot to practice
getting it on and off - LOVE this thing!), slip into the pool...

And then the lifeguard starts walking over.
"S'cuse me sorry, you aren't allowed those in the pool"
"But I called up? I already asked someone and they said I could"
"Who did you speak to?"
"I'm not sure, someone on reception - it was a woman"
"Oh, well I'm really sorry but they're definitely not allowed. I'm happy to give you a refund, the person you spoke to wasn't properly informed"

So there you go...sucks...

I am now going to spend most of tomorrow calling EVERY SINGLE swimming pool in Berkshire to find out if any of them will let me train with my monofin.

Otherwise you might be able to spot a very cold Mermaid In Training swimming down the Thames rather soon...

1 comment:

  1. Please could you let me know if you have any luck finding a pool in Berkshire that allows mermaid tails. I got a mono fin for my 11 year old daughter who is an experienced swimmer and she's waiting so patiently to use it.

    ReplyDelete